Momma Cuisine: Amazing Tips to Help Reduce Food Waste in Your Kitchen
The fact is that forty percent of food cooked and prepared in the United States are not consumed and are put to waste, which is really alarming and depressing because hunger and poverty rule in the other parts of the world. While it is true that we can’t necessarily control the food waste thrown in restaurants and grocery stores, we can definitely control the food waste occurring in our homes. In this article, we will help you reduce your food waste less than forty percent through the tips and tricks to help reduce food waste in your kitchen.
1. It is a good idea reusing your leftovers. Reusing your leftovers does not necessarily mean reheating the food through your microwave oven. Make simple dishes for your leftovers rather than microwaving it which can reduce the taste and texture of the food.
2. Remake your leftover techniques and ideas. For leftover grains and legumes, you can make a quinoa salad, rice salad, or fry it to make some butter. You can also make an early morning fried rice for breakfast by adding peas, shredded carrots, bits of leftover ham, and tossing it with tamari or soy sauce. You can add leftover grains and legumes to soups and salads. Grain patties can be made by adding a little arrowroot powder, herbs, and egg to be fried in a shallow pan. Add Mexican seasoning to leftover lentils to create a bean dip or just fry it up.
3. Be creative with your leftover meats. These can be added to soups, sandwiches, and salads. Nothing can beat a cold roast beef served with mustard to dip and homemade biscuits for a simple lunch.
4. Don’t ever waste your leftover oatmeal or cereal. Add honey, a dash of cinnamon, eggs, and rice flour to make some patties.
5. It is best to organize your food leftovers. Be practical by placing your leftovers in mason jars, and label each jar using a marker on a masking tape. Just make sure not to forget adding the date.
6. Store your leftovers in the fridge. Use transparent containers to see the food inside because if you don’t see them, the food will likely go to waste.
7. Prevent wasting of food by serving small portions for children. You will realize that serving small portions will make your child crave for more and ending up eating everything than wasting food.
8. Always have a plan when buying food. More unnecessary food, more food waste. Create a list of ingredients for a particular week that will be good until your next supermarket shopping.
Feel free to check this out or visit the website to find out more about Momma Cuisine tips and tricks.